You’ve just been in a car accident and confusion abounds. Whether it be a minor impact collision, or a major wreck, car accidents can cause major headaches as they often cause an individual to deal with injuries, insurance companies and other parties to the accident. Whatever type of accident one has been in, there are always certain steps you should take after an accident.
Here are a few things to do after a car accident:
· Check for injuries. Before being bothered about your car’s damage, make sure that everyone involved in the wreck is ok. If not, call 911 for help.
· Start talking to witnesses. Try to obtain all of the contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident.
· Call your insurance company. Even if you are completely at fault for the wreck, report the incident to your insurance company.
· Take pictures. Taking pictures will help with insurance coverage as you will have proof of the damage to your car.
· Take notes. Taking notes, as with having pictures, will help you detail the nature of the accident and any injuries sustained in the accident.
· Be careful who you speak with. Often, following a wreck, the other parties’ insurance company will try to contact you. If this is the case, you should try to get in touch with an attorney or your own insurance company first. An accident attorney can help determine what information is necessary to provide to the other parties’ insurance. Without fully knowing what information could be damaging to your claim or what information could cause an infringement into your protected medical information, you should not provide information to an adverse insurance company.
· Don’t accept the first offer you obtain. Oftentimes, especially if you are injured, you need to thoroughly evaluate the extent of your damage. If you are still getting treatment for your injuries, you should not settle with an insurance company.
· Get an attorney. If you find yourself in a dispute with an insurance company, an attorney can help ease the stress of dealing with the insurance company and also ensure that only necessary information is provided to the company. Additionally, an injury attorney in West Virginia can help you fully understand the extent of any damages you may have sustained in the wreck.
When you have been in a car accident in West Virginia, be sure to keep these things in mind. Using some of these ideas can help ease the stress that being involved in a car accident can bring.
Attorney Timothy Manchin established the Manchin Injury Law Group in 2011 after his law partner of more than 25 years became a West Virginia circuit court judge. His focus is on helping individual clients and entire families victimized by negligent acts.
Taylor Downs was easy to talk to (I do not speak the legal language well!) and was very upfront and honest about the entire process of my case. He kept me updated as the case progressed, and answered my relentless questions. The end result was a favorable settlement that I’m not sure could have been any better with anyone else. In short, go see Taylor if you have a case. Don’t be intimidated to go seek his help, he won’t blow your brains out with “legal speak”.
Being referred to Taylor was the best thing I could have asked for. Taylor and staff are very easy to talk to. I would highly recommend them to anyone.
If I ever have to go through it again I would definetly call Taylor right away. The group was so helpful through my situation and handled everything that needed to be done. They made a stressful situation a stress free situation. With Taylor you dont have to worry about one thing. Definietly would recomend to anyone.
Efficient, knowledgeable, and friendly.
Taylor and Tim helped make a difficult moment in life, a little more bearable. Easy to communicate with and informative. I will absolutely recommend them to everyone.
Manchin Injury Law Group, Took care of me when I got into a car accident while I was pregnant. Very scary moment for a first time mom but thankfully Manchin Injury Law Group had my back and treated me great. They made me feel as if I was part of their family. My son is now 7 Months Old and very happy and healthy. I’m very thankful for them for helping me through everything and getting me what we deserved. I 100% would recommend them to anyone. If I ever have an accident again they will be my number 1 phone call!
The support given helped me to feel like I was included in my personal injury case every step of the way. I was informed about the entire process throughout. It was amazing how quick the turn around time was and I would definitely recommend Attorney Timothy J. Manchin to anyone!
Taylor and Kelly worked hard on my case so I didn’t have to. Thanks guys!
Excellent experience dealing with Manchin Injury Law. They were very responsive, professional and easy to talk to. I did my homework before I hired a lawyer after my accident and I am so glad I found Manchin Injury Law Group. If you are injured, give them a call!
Kelly and Taylor did all the hard work so that I didn’t have to. They both cared about my circumstance and got me a nice settlement. Taylor knows what he is doing and I felt comfortable with my case in his hands.
Great lawyers. They helped me with a West Virginia case.
Such a great experience with Taylor and this firm. Thankful for their diligence and their work on our case. Thank you to all!
Had a easy and smooth experience with a great attorney so when you go there make sure you ask for Taylor.
My experience at the Manchin Injury Law Group was extremely positive, and I would recommend them to anyone who needs a compassionate and experienced lawyer on their side.
We offer a free initial consultation at our office in the Manchin Professional Building — our home since 1983 — conveniently located in Fairmont.
If you are unable to visit our firm, we can come to your home or hospital room.
Fill out the form below to get in touch!
100% privacy guarantee