To protect you from COVID-19, we are offering a quick & easy remote intake process. Click here to learn more.
Posted in Personal injury on October 27, 2020
When it comes to personal injury claims, many people assume they can handle everything on their own. However, dealing with the insurance company, managing medical appointments and pursuing treatments, finding money to cover time away from work, and various other challenges make the aftermath of an accident incredibly stressful. You need to have someone working for you and who knows the ins and outs of personal injury law. There are several reasons why you should hire a personal injury attorney, and some of them include:
1. Experience– A personal injury attorney has experience with these types of cases. You won’t have to worry about doing research because most of it has been done in past cases. An experienced lawyer will know what to do every step of the way until your case is settled.
2. Investigators– Many personal injury attorneys work with a team of investigators. This team will examine every detail of the case, conduct reenactments, and interview witnesses to make sure that you get the best settlement possible.
3. Work with other Lawyers– The other party or parties involved in your case will have their own attorneys. Your lawyer has the experience to work with them directly. This can make the process easier, especially the fact-finding part where all parties involved exchange documents and information.
4. Jury Trials– If you do end up in the courtroom, an experienced personal injury lawyer will make sure that you are well represented and will work to obtain a favorable jury verdict. They will fight for you to get the compensation that you are entitled to, which can cover medical costs, other legal costs, missed time from work, and future expenses related to your injury.
5. No Fees– If you do not win your case, you will not have to pay any legal fees. Most personal injury attorneys charge a contingency fee. This means that you do not owe attorney fees unless the lawyer wins your case.
6. Alternatives– Not all personal injury cases end up in the courtroom. Your lawyer will offer suggestions for other types of resolutions that are easier, faster, and less expensive. Resolutions can include arbitration, mediation, or a trial.
7. Settlements– A lawyer can negotiate a settlement rather than have the case go to trial. Your lawyer can ensure that you get the best settlement possible available based on the circumstances.
There is no need to try and handle your personal injury claim on your own. With our team by your side, you can focus on your recovery while we focus on your claim. If you’ve been injured, contact one of our personal injury attorneys at Manchin Injury Law Group today.